Youth Film Festival

 Congratulations to our Grand Prize Winning student film for 2017


Congratulations to our Semi-Finalists!

Check out our Vimeo channel of our semi-finalists listed here:

Semi-Finalist Videos 2017

 Film Posters

This year with the help of graphic design students from Hill Country Middle School, we created playbill movie posters for each of the semi-finalists.  Here are the PDFs of those posters:


How were the semi-finalists chosen?

Semi-finalists were chosen based on popular votes (30%) accumulated by counting each “full view” of their film on the Vimeo page. A team of 10 judges scored the remaining 70% of the films using the 2017 Youth Film Festival Scoring Rubric


All 18 semi-finalists received a special screening of their film at a private event at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas on the evening of June 7, 2017.


iPad Mini 4 – to each youth filmmaker on the winning production team and a tripod

1st place category WINNERS -

$25 Apple iTunes gift card to each youth filmmaker on the production team (up to 4)

Runner-up WINNERS

The ten remaining finalists received a $10 Apple iTunes gift card and an iPadpalooza t-shirt for each youth filmmaker on the production team as well as their movie poster. (up to 4)